We respect your privacy and shall not disclose your personal information to any third party.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of your personal information.
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify you, e.g. it can include information such as your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number.
Any personal information you provide to us will be treated in accordance with this policy, the current UK Data Protection Act 1988, the 2018 European Union General Data Protection Regulation, and any future legislation that may come into force.
Uses of personal information
We collect personal information when you become a member of the Society, subscribe for publications and email newsletters, make a donation to the Society, register for Gift Aid, or otherwise give us personal information.
When we collect your personal information we use strict procedures and security to prevent unauthorised access.
The 2018 European Union General Data Protection Legislation requires that you ‘opt in’ to any process and, without your express consent, we may not process your personal information for these purposes. When personal information is collected you will be asked if you wish to opt in to your data being used for any, or all, of the following purposes.
- Administering your membership of the Society
- Sending you copies of the Society’s quarterly newsletter RE:PORT, either by post or electronically
- Notifying you when your membership subscription is due
- Advising you of activities of the Society and/or those of the National Waterways Museum with which the Society is involved
- Fulfilment of orders for publications
- Administration of donations and legacies
- Administration of Gift Aid donations, where you have registered to do so
- Administration of your membership of the “200 Club”
Withdrawal of consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent to any, or all, of the above activities at any time by notifying the Society in writing to:
Membership Secretary, Waterways Museum Society, c/o National Waterways Museum, South Pier Road, Ellesmere Port , Cheshire CH65 4FW